So as everyone knows, there is been movement on the African American front, protests and our voices are finally being heard and some changes finally being made.
But then, like all causes, there are people who are xtreme.
I ran into a few yesterday.
Some idiots I've never heard of before who all came to my post about wearing black skins if you're not black in Second Life and trying to gang up on me, but I filtered them fools out.
Most African American's in SL don't give a shit, but some are opposed to anyone who is not black in RL wearing black skins in Second Life.
They're comparing it to black face.
You read that right. BLACK FACE.
Okay, blackface is really offensive and a very insensitive thing that goes wayyyy back (and not too distantly in the past, too) when white people would portray blacks on TV/Movies/Plays and it was meant to be comical but it was meant to be a mockery of African Americans.
Dark face paint, bright red, ooga booga lips, just racist and insulting.
Now a handful of idiots in SL are equating THAT to a non black wearing a black skin in SL.
Some people really need a fucking reality check.
This is Second Life first of all, and you can do and be whatever you want as long as it doesn't involve criminal activities.
For the extremist on SLFB who are policing those who are non black but choose to be black in SL ... well, to me they're diluting the message we as black people are trying to get across.
And for the people who have never posted a pro-black article or message on their FB and all the sudden are on the BLM bandwagon to the xtreme, we see though your act, you're only an opportunist and it's as clear as day ... looking at you, Kalista Sincario.
None of those extremeists had a leg to stand on, no defense and nothing but insults and tagging other sick-minded people to help their lost cause.
I'm grateful SL has a block button <3
Whew, sorry for the long ass rant, but again, it's a blog, what do you do if you're not writing?
Welp, on to the Second Life fun, check out the list of goodies worn below:
- .::Supernatural::. Bess Necklace @ LEVEL
- // Lueur // - Marble Vibe - BENTO NAILS
- [BREATHE] - Tokika Heels @ FaMESHed
- [Cynful] Ring Set 1 & Attitute Dress
- Aurealis. Storm Glasses.
- Phedora ~ Molly V2 Leg Chains
- PUNCH - Belly Piercing / Spider & Nipple Piercing - Captive Ring @ FaMESHed X
- ~Gorgeous Dolls~ Mokki's Way (PEDI) - Belleza Mesh Feet
- .: ryvolter :. Sidnie Mini Bag
- MICHAN - Eliza Garter @ Kinky Event
- .: ryvolter :. Chantel Memoir Bag
- VOBE - Buddha Rings
- #MarmeladnyGirl - PUNK - Necklace
- -MONCADA PARIS- Medusa Bracelet & Over-sized Eyewear
- Glamistry - Heels PF1050
- Mangula Summer Party - Set (group gift)
- PUNCH / Belly Piercing / Diamond & Septum Piercing / Twin Hearts
- ~Gorgeous Dolls~ Queenin' (Dolletto) - Legacy Bento
If you see something you like that isn't in this list, it mean's it's not a sponsored item.
I give 100% focus to sponsored items, but do not be discouraged by this!
I'll be happy to give you the item info if you contact me via Flickr or SLFB Messenger, contacting me in - world @ Princess Usbourne or by leaving a comment on the blog.
Black Lives Matter <3 Who chooses to wear Black Skins in SL Doesn't Matter.
Don't skew your message, folks <3
Post a Comment